Which type of longboard do you choose for your next ride? Well, it depends on the terrain you plan to ride on. If you plan to conquer steep hills, go for a downhill-specific longboard with more control. But if your riding preference is a flat, smooth road, then it would be best to choose a standard longboard.
However, a best downhill longboard works well in tight spaces where obstacles may be present. They are different from regular longboards because they have wider, more stable trucks, bigger wheels, and are more durable than regular boards. They are also easier to ride because they have longer wheelbases and more stable trucks.
When looking for the best longboard for downhills, there are two main types of boards: cruiser( with kicktail) and freeride/freestyle (without kicktail). Today we’ll highlight the 6 best longboards for downhills so that you learn more about why you should consider getting a longboard for downhill riding.
Let’s find out
Experience the extreme thrill of downhill riding with a Minority Downhill longboard. Its aerodynamic design, precision trucks, and high-quality construction make it a top performer on any slope. When you look at the longboard, the first impression makes you want to have it immediately, as the 40″ longboard is designed with a premium-quality downhill design.
Everyone wants to crave the ultimate downhill experience, and Minority Downhill is ideal as the low center of gravity provides more ground clearance with greater stability. We want to mention the ergonomic construction; the super strong 8-ply pressed hard rock maple makes it super durable.
If you are a speed enthusiast, the 37″ wheelbase provides you more room for conquering the steepest hills. Along with the authentic aluminum reverse kingpin, 7″ trucks easily adjust between 45 to 50 degrees and make your turn and twist secure. You will find cool graphic ranges that professionals design.
From strikingly vintage to avant-garde looks, you will find every article worth investing in. So we must suggest having Minority Downhill to dominate the slopes with the high precision and power of a downhill longboard. Its optimized shape, high-performance components, and smooth-rolling wheels ensure a fast and controlled ride every time.
- The minority downhill longboard has a 40″ X 9″ 8-ply Canadian hard rock maple deck.
- The rugged 7″ reverse kingpin aluminum truck provides more ground clearance.
- 80% rebound performance urethane for slippery areas.
- 70 x 51 mm durable PU wheels with rock finish.
- ABEC 9-metal bearing for an easy ride.
- OS780 grip tape for more control on steep.
- Eye-catching digital designs on the bottom
- Easily withstand 220 lbs.
Magneto Kicktail Longboard
Unleash your inner daredevil with the best downhill longboard on the market. Yes, you hear right, Magneto 44-inch Longboard Skateboard. Built for speed and to provide greater control. It’s premium feature component, and creative design elements set it apart from its competitors.
Magneto longboards are designed for cruising and skating on a slippery downhill with greater control. The most mesmerizing feature is its kicktail design which makes this board super functional, and you can do all sorts of riding styles. If we look at the deck, it is made from bamboo veneer, a highly durable material that has additional strength.
Without the hassle of replacing grip tape, the sand grit finish provides excellent grip and enhances the deck’s beauty. You can travel to the neighborhood, cruise around the road, carve, and play tricks effortlessly with it. However, sometimes you need to tighten the trucks.
Magneto longboards are specially designed for adrenaline junkies, offering uncompromising performance and unrivaled speed. Its low-profile design, high-quality components, and exceptional handling make it worth purchasing. We suggest you add it to your preference list.
- Magneto Kicktail uses highly crafted maple wood.
- The top of the deck is made from bamboo veneer, while the bottom is designed from maple ca ore.
- More ground clearance with a 44″ x 9″ deck.
- 70mm wheels made from rebound urethane allow high performance on slippery roads.
- ABEC 5 stainless steel bearing.
- 78A hardness ensures a secure ride
- 7″ aluminum trucks for greater clearance.
- To show off Magneto style, it had a laser-burned logo.
- 275 lbs is the maximum weight rating.
Atom 41″ Downhill Longboard
Embark on an exhilarating downhill adventure with the best-in-class Atom 41″ Downhill longboards. Designed to withstand high speed and provide unmatched stability. It is a must-have for thrill-seekers and downhill enthusiasts. A classic downhill riding longboard that ensures premium safety, making it the best choice for downhill touring.
A high-level shape provides 9.6″ leverage at every turn, minimizing wheel bite risk. We used it to go around and found it extremely stable and comfortable as it is made of maple. The 70 x 51mm highly rebound urethane wheels make your ride smooth despite the road.
It comes with Reverse KingPin tough trucks with 245 mm axles, making your riding more adventurous and fantastic. The Atom Drop deck longboard has ABEC-9 bearings that allow a smoother ride around the college campus. We also appreciate that the bearings do not produce any cranky sound, which makes it worth investing in.
It has high constructability, is ergonomically designed, and is highly stable for down. We always believe that with our trusty Atom 41″ Downhill longboard beneath our feet, we effortlessly carve through winding roads, feeling the wind in our hair and the thrill of the ride.
- In every turn, you find 9.5″ maximum leverage
- Reverse KingPin longboard trucks with 245 mm axles or 50-degree base.
- Rubber-shielded high-speed lubricated ABEC 9 bearings.
- Wide lip measuring 70 X 51 mm wide.
- 78A hardness ensures a secure ride.
- Maximum stability makes it perfect for downhill.
- Durable 80-grit silicon carbide for better grip.
- Limited one-year manufacturer’s guarantee.
Want to take your downhill riding to new heights? MBS All-Terrain is the ultimate longboard for downhill enthusiasts. Its exceptional stability, responsive maneuverability, and ergonomic design make it a standout choice for tackling sharp descent.
MBS All-Terrain will make your ride fun through its soft bushing and wider wheels. The multiple piles of maple make it sturdy and durable. The deck dimension is also appealing. From 40″ length to 13″ width, you can stand confidently on the board. While the grab tape will grab your feet to provide a locked-in feel.
Along with the non-slippery surface and the board area of this sturdy deck, it convinced us to suggest this best downhill longboard. After learning some basic downhill skills, newbies can quickly get their feet on MBS All-Terrain. Above all, the 190mm Navigator Drones trucks provide high-precision riding.
So if you want to take your riding skills to the next level of excitement, MBS All-Terrain is best for you. Its exceptional design and durability will always catch your attention. We always appreciate how the manufacturer engineered it for maximum speed. It is always a go-to choice for riders who crave the intensity of gravity-fueled descents.
- MBS All-Terrain 41″ is a 10-layer maple longboard.
- The aluminum truck measures 6 inches.
- 40 X 13 inches is the measurement of the longboard.
- ABEC 11 high-speed metal bearing for faster speed.
- 100 x 65 mm High-elastic Polyurethane wheels with 78A hardness perfectly balance traction and speed.
- ABEC 9 high-speed metal bearing for faster speed.
- Eye-catching colors and designs for young riders.
- Ready-to-use out of the box.
FISH 40″ LONGBOARDS
Reach a new level of speed and excitement with the FISH 40″ downhill longboard. Crafted with precision and performance in mind while offering unparalleled control and stability, making it a favorite choice among downhill riders. It delivers an unbeatable combination of control and balance.
FISH 40″ downhill longboard is made from multiple layers of maple wood, providing incredible strength and durability. Regarding its stability and comfort, it has anti-shock, non-vibrant, and smooth anchor rollers. Also, the big PU wheels will always satisfy you, whether riding on a smooth surface or rough terrain.
It has a heavy-duty and reliable truck to minimize any chance of error. One thing worth mentioning is that it is a ready out-of-box package. You need to open it and go for a thrilling ride. A T-Tool is inside the package, so you can easily assemble any part.
A perfect board for free riders, stunts, tricks, and basic cruising and craving. As it is designed for maximum stability and speed, I must suggest you unlock the full potential of downhill skateboarding with the FISH 40″ downhill longboard.
- Fish Down-Hill is made from high-quality Canadian maple wood.
- A highly responsive 7″ Destructo aluminum truck provides more ground clearance.
- HR82A anti-shock 70 x 51mm PU wheels.
- For pleasant riding, ABEC 9 chrome steel bearings are present.
- The OS780 grip tape provides more grip while moving downhill.
- Easily withstand 330 lbs.
- For easy assembly, a T-Tool kit is provided.
Lrfzhicg 42 Inches
It’s time to conquer the most challenging downhill course with greater ease using the Lrfzhicg 42″ longboard. Its race-inspired design, low center of gravity, and premium features make it a perfect choice for professional riders. It is a flexible longboard made of down-density fibrous bamboo.
Multiple layers of bamboo reinforced the deck with fiberglass to provide added stability. The grip tape on the deck will secure your feet tightly, making your ride more secure. If we look at the truck, which is way higher than the other longboard makes, it bears 280 lbs easily. The kingpin is adjustable to make sharp or wider turns safe.
A drop-through longboard perfect for cruiser and downhill riders. If looking at the speed achievement factor, its wheels and bearings are perfect for this feature as the ABEC9 provides high acceleration speed without noise. Although wheels are stiff and cannot bear shocks, their width compensates for this drawback.
Its advanced material, precise engineering, and superior usability make it a choice for champions and those seeking the ultimate downhill experience, and the Lrfzhicg 42″ longboard stands as the pinnacle of performance.
- Lrfzhicg is made from 5 Plies bamboo Mix 2 Plies fiberglass Deck
- The deck is made of beautiful natural bamboo and fiberglass with clear grip tape
- Standraried ABEC 9 bearing for easy rolling.
- The high-quality 50 x 51mm PU wheels with SHR 83A hardness make it flexible.
- With 85% super high rebound, the wheels will be quieter and more durable.
- The gravity-cast 7″ aluminum trucks.
- The deck max supports weights up to 250 lbs.
Downhill riding is getting popular among teenagers, so the demand for the best downhill longboards is also increasing. There are several products in the market. However, we chose the six best longboards designed for downhill adventure. Minority longboard, Magneto kicktail, Atom drop-through, MBS All-Terrains, FISH 40″ longboard, and Lrfzhicg 42″ longboard are our choice.
These longboards have proven to be popular choices among downhill riders, but it’s important to consider your riding style, skill level, and personal preferences when choosing the best longboard for your needs.